Eddy current Dynamometer
It shall have the following Specs
- Maximum rated Power -100 KW
- Rated Speed (rpm): 2400
- Max Speed 6000
- Voltage (V): 100 V DC
- Current (A): 8 Amp
- Max. torque 400NM @ 1500 to 2400 RPM
- Max. rated power RPM 2400 to 6000 RPM
- Protection thermostat & pressure switch
- Cooling forced water cooled
- The power absorption unit of the Dynamometer shall consist of a well balanced star wheel rotor mounted on procession bearings. The reaction torque shall be sensed by high precision strain gauge S type load cell weighing mechanism with digital output. The load cell shall be connected through ultra precision load amplifier. The load/ torque indicator shall have a resolution of 1 Nm at LCD / TFT display of controller
- The Dynamometer shall be provided with a water filter with magnetic separator and shall also have a pressure switch for ensuring proper flow of water in the Dynamometer.
· The main shaft of the Dynamometer shall be provided with arrangement for fitting flange coupling at both ends.
· The Dynamometer shall be suitable for absorbing and measuring power in both directions of rotation (Bi-Directional)
· At the non-driving end of the Dynamometer a 60 tooth gearwheel and Magnetic pickup shall be mounted which senses the pulses , which are conditioned by RPM indicator to display the RPM with a resolution of ±1 RPM.
· Dyno shall be capable of carrying out endurance test at Dyno maximum capacity continuously without affecting the performance & accuracy of measurements
· Dyno shall not vibrate when it is run at its maximum capacity of both speed & load.
Controlling Accuracy Full Throttle Performance
· Torque Controlling: Better Than ± 0. 5 % of Full Range
· Speed Control: : Better Than ± 10 RPM of Full range
Controlling Accuracy Part Throttle Performance
· Torque Controlling: Better Than ± 1 % of Full Range
· Speed Control: : Better Than ± 15 RPM of Full range
· The Dynamometer shall be provided with calibration weights and cable loom of 10 meters for connecting Dyno to the panel..
Closed loop operation in the following modes specially dedicated for Engine Testing
1. CONSTANT EXCITATION CURRENT MODE
· To operate dynamometer very close to constant Torque mode , suitable for testing Governed engines and Motors where speed control is not important.
· Loading/Unloading of Dynamometer by Input from Touch screen or From PC.
· Highly Precise Control of excitation current shall be obtained through PID loop. Annunciation & Excitation cut-off, for high-temperature & low water pressure conditions shall also be provided
2. CONSTANT TORQUE MODE.
· Shall work on 0-10 V conditioned retransmission output form Load Indicator. The PID Card shall constantly tracks the actual torque input with value set by the potentiometer and adjusts the Dyno. Current to maintain the desired torque
3. CONSTANT SPEED MODE.
Shall work on 0-10 V conditioned retransmission output form RPM Indicator. The PID Card shall constantly tracks the actual Speed input with value set by the potentiometer and adjusts the Dyno. Current to maintain the desired Speed within control limits
Controller Should have PLC Interface and 7” Touch Screen HMI for Torque Indication, RPM Indication, and indication of parameters of Integrated Modular Data Acquisition System.
It Should have features of precision display of Torque in N-m with High Precision of better than ±0.25 % of Full Scale Torque.
RPM Display accuracy of better than ±0.05 % of actual reading ±1 RPM
Special engine rpm indicator shall be provided in the TFT screen with 5 V TTL inputs from conditioning unit
Safety Trip features shall include
· Low Cooling Water Pressure,
· High Water outlet Temperature,
· Engine Overload Setting,
· Engine Starting Pilot Relay
· Engine Shutdown Pilot Relay
Type ‘A’ Propeller Shaft Assembly Suitable for up to 400 N-m Torque
Cardan Shaft Guard
Suitable for covering the Rotating Parts of Cardan Shaft and Half Coupling.Fabricated from MS Plate & Steel Sections.
Magnetic Strainer –
Strainer with 500 Micron Filtration and 1” BSP Threaded Connection to be fitted at Water Inlet to Dynamometer.
Universal Engine Mounting Test Bed Type T-3
Overall size 1015 mm x 1015 mm.
Shall consists of
· A T- slotted C.I. bed of sturdy construction,
· 4 Nos. of Screw columns,
· 4 Nos. of C.I. Hand-wheels for height adjustment &
· 2 Nos. of T-slotted steel rails etc. with Spanner.
The adjustments possible in the bed shall be –
· X axis (Rail Length) is 900 mm.
· Y axis adjustment from is 100 mm to 600 mm w.r.t center
· Z axis (Height) adjustment from 425 mm to 650 mm w.r.t. bottom of bed.
INTEGRATED GRAVIMETRIC FUEL CONSUMPTION METER
Gravimetric Fuel Consumption measuring equipment shall consist of
1. A Suitable Capacity Container, mounted on a Machined and Leveled Frame mounted on a High Accuracy load cell.
2. A Specially designed High Speed & high accuracy load cell signal conditioning board directly providing digital readings for weight to the controller. The programmed controller shall operate the solenoid valves to control the measurement processes.
3. The Controller shall have the facility of Digital Calibration by means of Touch Screen HMI of Controller
4. All the Functions during Measurement, Fill-up or in case of any failure shall be taken care of by the Controller
5. Overall Accuracy shall be 0.5 % of Range
Sensors and Transmitters –
It shall consists of –
· PT-100 Sensors Class A with Calibration /Test Certificate – 2 Nos.
· K-type Thermocouple Class A with Calibration /Test Certificate – 6 Nos
· 1 No Lubricating Oil Pressure Transmitter (WIKA make) with Cooling Tower and necessary tubing – 1 No
· Barometric Pressure Transmitter (WIKA make) with range up to 1020 mbar abs – 1 No
· Relative Humidity and Ambient Temperature Transmitter (Testo make or Equivalent) – 1 No.
Integrated Modular Data Acquisition System – 14 Channel
Shall be 14 Channel Modular System for acquiring
- K-type Thermocouple Input – 6 Nos
- PT-100 Input – 2 Nos
- Lubricant Oil Pressure Channel (4-20 mA) – 1 No
- Barometric Pressure Channel (4-20 mA) – 1 No
- Relative Humidity Channel (4-20 mA) – 1 No
- Ambient Temperature Channel (4-20 mA) – 1 No
- Spare 4-20mA Channel – 2 Nos.
Should be able to connect to various thermocouples (B, E, J, K, L, N, R, S, T, U, TXK), platinum RTD (PT100, JPT100), analog current (0 ~ ‧20mA, 4 ~ 20mA) and linear voltage (0 ~ 5V, 0 ~ 10V) Sampling time of thermocouple/platinum RTD: 0.4 second/time; sampling time of analog input: 0.15 second/time
The system shall be integrated for alarms with Controller so as the controller can independently handle these Channel Status
PC & Automation Hardware –
HP / DELL/Lenovo make commercial PC with following Hardware
- CPU – 1 No. with On Board Serial Port
- 19 “ Widescreen monitor 2 Nos.
- APC make offline UPS 1500 VA – 1 No
- Graphics Card for 2nd Monitor
- Galvanically Isolated 2 / 4 Serial Port for Interfacing to Various other Devices using RS232
- NI USB 6210 Card for Combustion Analysis for Single Channel
- Installed with Windows 10 Professional OS and Office installed on the system Graphics Card
PC Base Automation Software
It shall Consists of -
1) Lab VIEW based User Friendly Software working in Win 10 environment for Data Logging and Report generation with following facilities
· Facility for Creating Test ,
· Channel Configuration Facility with 4 Level Alarm annunciation for Parameters being monitored
· Data Logging with Supervisory Control
· Loading and Unloading Facility thro’ PC Software Panel, manually
· Audio Visual Alarms for Any measurement parameter exceeding the warning and alarming limits
· Report Generation Facility with Printing, Saving and Export to Excel Options
· Software Add-on for Interfacing for Emission, Blow-by meter, Coolant Conditioning System, Exhaust Back Pressure Valve Controller System etc.
Control Cabinet Duly Wired
with mounting arrangement for Controller HMI, Place for fitment of CPU inside Cabinet Fans for Cooling the Cabinet with Filters Provision for Mounting various Units of Controller such as Excitation Controller Unit for Dynamometer, Servo Drive of throttle control unit etc.
Flywheel adaptor flange
Flywheel adaptor flange with engines to be provided.
Shall be simple and compact throttle actuator using latest Low-backlash, Ultra Precision Planetary Helical Gear Box in line with Servo Motor which results in superb response and control characteristics with near zero maintenance. It is designed for acting in close control with Controller. Its base plate incorporates pre-drilled holes for easy fixing. A maximum travel of 100 mm to ensures compatibility with all motorcycle / moped engine types. Connection between the throttle actuator and the engine shall be by cable or mechanical linkage.
· Max. load : 100 N
· Travel Range: 100 mm
Engine Cranker Rectifier
· 415V, 3 Phase, 50Hzs input
· 600 Amps, 12 V output at 40% duty cycle. & 250 Amps at 100% duty cycle.
· With copper windings
· Three phase indicators.
· MCB 25Amps
· Contactor 25Amps, 3phase
· Thermal cut off
· Input voltage selector switch
· Enclosure Box
· Fan for forced cooling.
Common Base Frame
Heavy Duty Fabricated and Machined Common Base Frame with Machined Pads for Mounting Various Equipments like Dynamometer, Universal Engine Mounting Bed, Throttle Actuator, Magnetic Strainer etc
The Frame is Provided with 8 Nos Anti Vibration Mounts for Mounting and levelling on Ground and 4 Isolators for Dynamometer Isolation
Rotary Encoder Heavy Duty with Mounting Accessories for Direct Mounting on the Engine Crankshaft Pulley 0.1 deg. (3600PPR)
ENGINE COMBSTION ANALSYSER
Shall be consisting of
· Software package for Data Acquisition and Analysis with the following –
· Consists of a National Instruments PCIe 6351 card, Shielded Connector Block and a Shielded connection cable
· Up to 8 Configurable Differential Voltage input channels ±10 V
· Input connector for encoder
· Sample rate Max 1 MS/s Aggregate, 16-bit resolution
· Includes on-line fast Combustion "Scope", configured as pressure vs. crank angle, pressure-volume diagram
· Other available online calculations for cycle based parameters such as , Engine RPM, Pressure Derivative signal, Instantaneous & Integrated Heat release calculations
· Logging of up to 2 Channels w. r. t. Crank Angle such as Two Cylinder Pressure Channels, if sensors and signal conditioners are available up to 6000 RPM
· Online Statistics for the various quantities like Pmax, location of Pmax w. r. t. TDC etc
· Shall Include basic statistics, off-line display, data storing, data export to ASCII (also Excel®), Colour printing etc.
· 120 Cycles Data Export and Offline Indication.
Cooling Tower and Accessories
· Cooling Tower Suitable for Carrying away Heat from Coolant Conditioning Raw Water
· Centrifugal Pump for Dynamometer and Raw Water feeding to CCU
· Starter and Cable for Pump
· Stater for Cooling tower Fan Motor
Blow by meter
· Measurement range 3-150 l/min
· Accuracy Standard: 1.5 % Fine linearized : 1 %
· Air pressure 1000 mbar
· Air temperature 25 °C
· Air density 1.1648 kg/m³
· Materials Orifice measuring pipes and dampers stainless steel X 5 CrNi 18 9 (1.4301) or similar
· Hoses PU sheath
· Maximal permissible blow-by gas temperature: 80 °C
· Serial interface
· Baud rate 9600 or 1200 baud
· Data bits 8
· Stop bit 1
· Parity none
· Analog Output
· Voltage range -10 . 10 V
· Max. current 10 mA
Coolant conditioning unit
· Working capacity 10 to 60 kw ( up to 100KW)
· Set point range 30 to 110 deg.C
· Controlling accuracy +/- 1 deg.C
· Temperature resolution +/-0.1 deg.C
· Construction material Ss 304L
· Coolant flow rate 180 lpm
· System outlet connection 1.5 inch with flange
· System inlet connection 1inch with flange
· Inbuilt Raw water magnetic filter 1 inch connection
· Auto coolant fill-up facility 0.5 inch auto fill-up valve 24vdc
· Working pressure 1.5 bar
· Standard safeties Inbuilt
· Communication port RS232
· Raw water flow control valve with by pass arrangement 2-10vdc. 5S with fast acting valve, size: 2inch
· Coolant pre-heat provision 5- 6kw
· Coolant flow sensing sensor electromagnetic flow meter
· Coolant pressure safety valve 1.5 bar
· Auto air valve temp.@110 deg.C
· System coolant volume @30-45 liters
· Gravity coolant fill-up tank & recovery tank.@ 20-25 liters
Exhaust Back pressure valve
Exhaust Back pressure valve of suitable capacity for testing engines up to 60 kW to be provided.
A) Tech. Specification.
· Size of controller 2 U.
· Valve positioner digital indicator ( 0 to 100 %)
· Fine tuning positioned variable Pot.
· Remote/manual selection s/w.
· Remote connection for external demand.( 2-10 vdc).
· MS 4 pin valve connection.
· Reset s/w if power fail ( normally open condition)
· Control accuracy: +/- 1 mbar.
· Output: 2-10 vdc Analog type.
· Power supply: 230vac/1A.
B) Interfacing cable
· 4 core cable with wire conduit for valve- 15 mtrs
· 3 core power supply cable for controller ,3 mtrs
· PC remote connecting cable 0-10 vdc, length 3 meters
· Body MATERIAL : SS 304
· Disc : SS 304
· Seat : SS Metal to SS Metal
· Shaft : Stainless Steel
· Ends conn. : flange connection
· Working Temperature : Max.650-°C
· Leakage Class : Class l (1%)
· Valve size : 2 inch,
· Air flow rate : up to 1000-1200 kg/Hr.
· Operation : Motorized/ Manual
· Rotation degree : 90 degree
· Actuator : Belimo (Switzerland)
· Supply : 24vdc,2-10 vdc,5W
Speed, Power, Fuel consumption, blow bye Torque, breaking power, BSFC (Break specific Fuel Consumption), BTE (Break thermal efficiency), Specific energy consumption Online measurements and performance analysis, Pq-PV plots, performance plots and tabulated results, Data logging, editing, printing and export, IP, IMEP, FP indication, Combustion analysis heat balance sheet etc
Necessary training and tools for alignment and operation of different type of engines on test bed needs to be provided.
Price of all the accessories needed for reliable and safe operation of the engine test bed with fuel meter, universal engine mountings needs to be Included.
The system shall be provided with exhaust Gas Calorimeter, a water flow measurement system and 6 temperature censors & scanner