Engine Test Setup 3 Cylinder 4 Stroke Petrol (Computerized)
The setup consists of three cylinder, four stroke, Petrol (MPFI) engine connected to eddy current / Hydraulic type dynamometer for loading. It is provided with necessary instruments for combustion pressure and crank-angle measurements. These signals are interfaced to computer through engine indicator for Pθ - PV diagrams. Provision is also made for interfacing airflow, fuel flow, temperatures and load measurement. The set up has stand-alone panel box consisting of air box, fuel tank, manometer, fuel measuring unit, transmitters for air and fuel flow measurements, process indicator, load indicator and engine indicator.
Rotameters are provided for cooling water and calorimeter water flow measurement. The setup enables study of engine performance for brake power, indicated power, frictional power, BMEP, IMEP, brake thermal efficiency, indicated thermal efficiency, Mechanical efficiency, volumetric efficiency, specific fuel consumption, A/F ratio and heat balance. Labview based Engine Performance Analysis software package "EnginesoftLV" is provided for on line performance evaluation.
- Online measurements and performance analysis
- PΘ-PV plots, performance plots and tabulated results
- Data logging, editing, printing and export
- Configurable graphs
- IP, IMEP, FP indication
- Combustion analysis
- Morse test
Range of experiments
- Study of engine performance (Manual mode)
- Study of engine performance (Computerized mode)
- Electric supply: 230 +/- 10 VAC, 50 Hz, 1 phase.
- Water supply: Continuous, clean and soft water supply @ 4000 LPH, at 10 m. head. Provide tap with 1” BSP size connection
- Computer: IBM compatible with standard configuration (with free PCI slot on motherboard)
Foundation: As per foundation drawing
EngineSoftLV is Labview based software package developed by Apex Innovations Pvt. Ltd. for engine performance monitoring system. EngineSoftLV can serve most of the engine testing application needs including monitoring, reporting, data entry, data logging.
The software evaluates power, efficiencies, fuel consumption and heat release. It is configurable as per engine set up. Various graphs are obtained at different operating
condition. While on line testing of the engine in RUN mode necessary signals are scanned, stored and presented in graph. Stored data file is accessed to view the data graphical and tabular formats. The results and graphs can be printed. The data in excel format can be used for further analysis.
- Product: Engine test setup 3 cylinder, 4 stroke, Petrol (Comp.)
- Product code: 230, 230H*
- Engine: Make Maruti, Model Maruti 800, Type 3 Cylinder, 4 Stroke, Petrol (MPFI), water cooled, Power 27.6Kw at 5000 rpm, Torque 59 NM at 2500rpm,stroke 72 mm, bore 66.5mm, 796 cc,CR 9.2
- Dynamometer: Product 230: Type eddy current, water cooled Product230H: Type Hydraulic
- Propeller shaft: With universal joints
- Air box: M S fabricated with orifice meter and manometer
- Fuel tank: Capacity 15 lit with glass fuel metering column
- Calorimeter: Type Pipe in pipe
- Piezo sensor: Range 5000 PSI, with low noise cable
- Crank angle sensor: Resolution 1 Deg, Speed 5500 RPM with TDC pulse.
- Data acquisition device: NI USB-6210, 16-bit, 250kS/s.
- Piezo powering unit: Make-Cuadra, Model AX-409.
- Temperature sensor: Type RTD, PT100 and Thermocouple, Type K
- Temperature: Type two wire, Input RTD PT100, Range 0–100 Deg C,
- transmitter: O/P 4–20mA, Type 2wire, I/P TC, Range 0–1200 Deg C
- Load indicator: Digital, Range 0-50 Kg, Supply 230VAC
- Load sensor: Load cell, type strain gauge, range 0-50 Kg
- Fuel flow transmitter: DP transmitter, Range 0-500 mm WC
- Air flow transmitter: Presure transmitter, Range (-) 250 mm WC
- Software: “EnginesoftLV” Engine performance analysis software
- Rotameter: Engine cooling 100-1000 LPH; Calorimeter 25-250 LPH
- Pump: Type Monoblock
- Overall dimensions: W 2000 x D 2750 x H 1750 mm